Later this year we plan to start a Yoga & Mindfulness for Pregnancy & Birth teacher training course. Originally planned to commence in October 2020, we may postpone the start until January 2021 if the Covid-19 situation is still causing problems in the Autumn.
This course is the first Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training to offer Mindfulness Training for Pregnancy alongside the very best of Yoga for Pregnancy and evidence-based and traditional Birth Education. It is our hope that we train you to prepare, empower and successfully convey the deep gifts and powerful offerings of these sacred traditions. To ensure that students get the best tuition we are limiting the numbers of people on the course to twenty at one time.
Who Is This Course Aimed At?
This Yoga & Mindfulness for Pregnancy & Birth teacher training course is for yoga teachers who wish to offer certified pregnancy yoga and mindfulness classes. To start the course, you must have a previous certification in Yoga.
The course is also for childbirth educators, midwives, doulas, mindfulness teachers and hypnotherapists looking to expand their knowledge of yoga, mindfulness and active birth so as to enrich and deepen their own offerings.
Who Are the Course Teachers?
- Nadia Raafat, Pregnancy Yoga Teacher, Meditation Teacher, Child-Birth Educator, Doula & Writer
- Angus Ford-Robertson, Founder of Battersea Yoga, Mindfulness Teacher & Therapist
- Annie Francis, Independent Midwife, Director of Neighbour Hood Midwives, Author & Activist
- Laura Tilson, Women Health Professional and Osteopath specialising in the Perinatal Period.
What Are the Course Subjects?
Yoga Practice : Yoga Theory : Yoga Philosophy : Anatomy of Pregnancy Yoga : Physiology of Pregnancy : Mindfulness Practice : Mindfulness Theory : Teaching Practice : Teaching Theory : Birth Preparation Theory & Practice
Certificates, Diplomas, Awards & Recognition for Successful Students
This course is Certified by Yoga Alliance Professionals.
- Previously certified Yoga Teachers will receive Yoga Alliance Professional (YAP) accreditation as a Pregnancy Yoga Teacher.
- Non-yoga teachers (doulas, midwives, hypnotherapists, etc.) completing the course will receive YAP accreditation as a Specialist Pregnancy Teacher.
We plan to run courses three times a year commencing in the months of October, January and April.
The course allows for 80-hours of training and comprises 48-hours of live tuition spread over 2 x 3-day weekends, plus an additional 32-hours of home study and course work.
Register Your Interest Now
If you are interested in participating in this course, please register your interest by sending us an email. We will respond with further information when the full syllabus, timetable and fee information is available.