One of the Best Online Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training Courses – Yoga and Mindfulness
Lasting two months and comprising over 100 hours this comprehensive Online Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training is led by Senior Registered Yoga Teacher, Pelvic Health Specialist, and Birth Doula, Nadia Raafat together with a faculty of three highly qualified visiting teachers.
Nadia created this pregnancy yoga teacher training course withBelinda Freeman, especially for yoga teachers who wish to offer their students qualitative Mindfulness training alongside Pregnancy Yoga and Birth Preparation classes.
The Online Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training course is also suitable for childbirth educators, midwives, doulas, mindfulness teachers and hypnotherapists who wish to expand their knowledge of yoga, mindfulness and active birth so that they can enrich and deepen their own offerings.
Why Train with Us:
- Our certification is unique. It is the only recognised dual Yoga and Mindfulness training programme for Pregnancy, enabling you to qualify and offer both Pregnancy Yoga classes and Mindfulness for Pregnancy & Birth classes.
- You will undertake a full 9-week Mindfulness for Pregnancy & Birth Training programme with our experienced mindfulness teachers and learn how to incorporate Mindfulness into your pregnancy yoga teaching.
- You will be certified with the Yoga Alliance Professionals (UK) and also the Federation of Antenatal Educators (FEDANT).
- We are offering ALL participants a one year free graduate support and mentoring programme as part of the course ensuring we have your back as you establish your pregnancy teaching career.
- At 100 hours, our training course is more extensive than most and exclusively dedicated to pregnancy and birth ensuring that you are fully trained and prepared to teach yoga, mindfulness and birth preparation with confidence, passion and effectiveness to your pregnancy community.
- This course offers you a personal journey of your own, allowing you to dive deeply into the role of teacher, and supporting you so that you can expand beyond any personal limitations to become the best guide and teacher you can possibly be.
- This course additionally provides you with training in setting up your pregnancy and birth business post-graduation at no extra cost. It’s all included in the course fee.
- This course combines online & In-person training enabling you to learn from home but also have hands-on in-person studio teaching experience. For international students and those too far from London to travel, you can attend exclusively online.
- All the sessions are recorded and shared with course participants to be downloaded and kept for future reference.
- The written and audio-visual coursework submitted by students throughout the course is individually read and marked. We then provide you with personalised feedback to help you towards achieving your goals.
What happens when you complete and graduate from the course?
- Successful students are presented with a YPA and FEDANT approved Graduation Certificate which they are able to use to obtain Pregnancy Yoga, Mindful Birth Ed & Birth Preparation Insurance
- Graduates are also able to join a community of qualified Yoga & Mindfulness teachers where ongoing mentoring support will be provided for ONE year post graduation.
- We are in the process of publishing a Qualified Teaching Directory. This lists all graduates so that potential clients can find a trusted and certified Yoga and Mindfulness teacher.
“I learned so much from Nadia and especially enjoyed the chakras/sounding session and the birth dancing”.
it really was an amazing course – I loved every minute. Feeling very inspired to go out there and share what I’ve learned from you and continue the learning.IL
“Nadia’s passion and knowledge is totally inspiring. She has a really good way of holding space — even with half of the students being online. Her presence is really warm yet also professional ensuring everyone felt included and held. Nadia was really clear in her approach and fantastic at laying out each session at the start of the day so we knew exactly where we were heading. The sessions always felt really well organised yet not too rigid and a fantastic mix of Nadia teaching and group discussions etc.”
“I really enjoyed the Prenatal and Mindfulness course and feel empowered to bring its lessons into my own classes now! Each teacher brought a unique style and wealth of experience but whatever they were teaching, they did so with a wonderful energy and a passion that was infectious!”
Nadia’s passion and knowledge is totally inspiring. Nadia has a really good way of holding space – even with half of the students being online. Her presence is really warm yet also professional ensuring everyone felt included and held.
“I thought it was great being offered a 121 as that hasn’t been offered on any other trainings I’ve done.”
“I was really worried I wouldn’t fully benefit by doing it online but it worked really well!! I don’t feel like I missed out on not being in person apart from connecting with the group a bit more. “KK
“This course came at a wonderful time for me (I was halfway through my second trimester when starting it) and not only has it made me feel healthy and energised in my pregnancy, it’s made me feel empowered about my labour and what comes next. Even though I was the only pregnant person in our group, I felt a real connection to the other women, too…and its a testament to the teachers that they could bring the world of pregnancy – what to expect, mentally, emotionally and physically, alive to us all.” ES
“Nadia is so knowledgeable and passionate and is an excellent teacher. I feel privileged to have had the opportunity to learn from her.”
Belinda truly practises what she preaches. She exudes mindfulness and I think I may have learned more from her reactionary responses to our discussions than the course material itself (which goes without saying was also fantastic).
“Nadia your course with your team behind you was absolutely incredible. It has opened up so many opportunities in our practice, teaching and our life’s! Thank you so much for bringing us altogether so grateful for the timing of it. Can’t wait to share! “
Thank you to Nadia, Belinda and all the wonderful teachers at Battersea Yoga who got involved – I so appreciate all of your hard work and kindness!
Nadia, Belinda, Annie and Laura are experts in their field. A field which has been dominated by a system which is capable of forgetting to listen to women and creating space for nature to take its course. They are all inspiring, passionate and have a wealth of experience and it was an honour to share in their experience and begin my journey in the pregnancy and birth world with the weight of their expertise behind me.
“This is so much more than just a training for yoga teachers – so much love and time has been put into it and Nadia and the teams knowledge and passion just shone through. Every woman would benefit from doing this training! I felt held and supported and I’m stepping out of this training feeling confident and excited to share what I’ve learnt “KK
I’ve had the most amazing time on yours and Belinda’s course, it really has been a life changing journey I will always remember! HB
“I’m so grateful to be a YMPB graduate whoop whoop shouting from the rooftops!“
Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training Course Dates
22 September 2023 – 3 December 2023
Online Exclusive Option
Online & In-Person (London) Combined Option
Battersea Yoga Studio
It is taught by Nadia Raafat and her team of three amazing and highly qualified professionals who will be guiding you:
Lead teacher | Pregnancy Yoga, Meditation and Mindfulness teacher| Birth doula and childbirth educator
Has been a Registered, Independent and Shamanic Midwife for 37 years. She teaches and lectures internationally on Midwifery and Childbirth.
Osteopath and Women’s Health Specialist.
Our certified Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training Course offers 100 hours on all aspects of the pregnancy and birth experience from the anatomy and physiology of pregnancy, and how it affects yoga practice, to how to use movement and positioning during labour to encourage foetal descent and which pranayama to practice in pregnancy to prepare for the birth.
You will develop a thorough knowledge of the traditional pantheon of yoga asana, mudra, pranayama, savasana and yoga Nidra and their relevance for pregnancy and birth.
You will also be introduced to the philosophies that underpin the practices of Hatha and Tantra yoga but explore them uniquely from the perspective of pregnancy and birth.
During the course you will experience many different approaches to pregnancy yoga and movement with Nadia including ball yoga, chakra yoga, yin yoga and even birth dance to ensure your classes are interesting, vibrant and enable your participants to experience the joy of being deeply connected with their own inner flow.
Mindfulness Training is a key feature of this course with great emphasis on practice. As part of the learning, you will be taught about the architecture of the mind, inner preparations for childbirth, how to use the breath and the body as a place of insight and how to use mindfulness to work with difficult emotions.
The course offers a strong focus on anatomy and physiology with our visiting lecturers’ osteopath and women’s health specialist Laura Tilson and midwife Joy Horner. All theoretical knowledge will be explored practically on the mat and in the class context with Nadia who also specialises in birth prep and holistic pelvic health.
Labour & Birth Preparation
The course also devotes an entire module spanning three days to the labour and birth preparation itself with visiting lecturer midwife Joy Horner teaching on Birth Preparation alongside Nadia who brings 15 years of doula training and practice to the Birth Preparation module.
This ensures that you are able to offer your clients embodied and holistic birth preparation training as well as practical support through the pregnancy journey. It will also enables you to incorporate this knowledge into your pregnancy classes and offer stand alone Birth Preparation workshops and Partners Mindful Birth Preparation Sessions.
The Mindfulness element will continue through Module 2 as we prepare to explore the shadow side of labour and pregnancy and how to work with fear, pain and trauma.
This course also offers yoga and mindfulness healing practices to support mother and baby in the postnatal phase so that your mothers are fully prepared and able to support themselves through the early postnatal period as well.
Becoming a Confident and Passionate Pregnancy Yoga Teacher?
Successful participants will graduate as teachers, with the knowledge, confidence and passion to run group classes and individual sessions that deliver safe and effective yoga, engaging mindfulness practice and embodied birth preparation classes to women on their journey to motherhood.
You will learn how to form and build maternal communities; how to hold space and sit in circle with other women; how to run your new pregnancy yoga business and how to be the best disciple of these traditions for the special state of pregnancy.
During the course there will be plenty of time for contact, discussion, practice and reflection so that you feel confident and supported as you embark on your teaching career.
The Topics covered:
- Activating the Flow State; Yoga and Childbirth
- Pranayama for Pregnancy
- Mulabhanda and the Pelvic Floor
- Yoga as preparation for Birth as Rite of Passage
- Class Modifications for the Three Trimesters
- Common Complications and Contraindications for the Three Stages of Pregnancy
- Yoga as Remedy
- Womb Yoga (with reference to the work of Uma Dinsmore Tuli)
- Yoga Nidra for Pregnancy
- Restorative and Yin Yoga in Pregnancy
- The Origins of Female Yoga – Connecting to the Female Spiritual Lineage
- The Chakras and Pregnancy Yoga
- An introduction to the Philosophy of Raja Yoga, the eightfold path from the Perspective of Pregnancy
- Yoga for the Third Trimester
- Chair and Ball Yoga
- Birth Dance
- Yoga & Birth as Ritual
- Anatomy of Pregnancy: the musculoskeletal structure
- Anatomy of the Female Pelvis
- Posture During Pregnancy: PGP, SDP, common MS lower back pain carpel tunnel diastases recti including OFP from the perspective of the osteopath
- The Pregnant Body – hormonal and physiological changes during conception and the three trimesters
- Uterine Moulding Theory: Optimising Space and The Perspective of the Baby During Late Pregnancy
- Teaching Pelvic Anatomy
Mindfulness for Pregnancy, Birth & Parenting
The Mindfulness aspect of the training is what makes this course unique. A dedicated 9 week programme of Mindfulness taught to you as practitioner and teacher.
The essence of mindful awareness is the cultivation of self-awareness and inner peace. From a foundation of embodied stability we can explore managing difficult emotions, negative thought patterns, unfamiliar and intense physical sensations.
Through dedicated Mindfulness practice we can learn to respond to the everything that the perinatal year brings up in us with authenticity, with empowered acceptance and above all with kindness and compassion. This is Love in action.
Learning and sharing these essential skills with your pregnant community can transform their pregnancy, birth & postpartum experience.
- Introduction to the Philosophy and Practices of Mindfulness
- Introduction to the Attitudes of Mindfulness
- Awareness versus Autopilot
- Body Scan Meditation Practice and Theory
- Inner Preparation for Childbirth & Beyond
- Body & Mind Changes During Pregnancy & Birth
- Sound & Movement Meditation
- Breath as a Place of Insight
- Meditation Practice in Everyday Life
- Navigating Aversion, Fear and Pain
- The Art of Reflection & Discernment – How awareness can support our experience and choices in pregnancy
- Trauma-Informed Mindfulness
- Allowing & Working with Difficult Emotions: Practice & Inquiry
- The Stress Response
- Neuroscience/ The Plastic Mind – How to Change Your Mind Effectively and Letting Go of Negative Habitual Thinking
- The Power of Conscious Thought, Visualisation intention and Affirmation.
- Mindfulness Practices for Being with Pain, Fear and Loss of Control
- Everyday Mindfulness
- Mindful Speaking & Mindful Listening
- Your Baby is your Teacher & Relational Needs
You will finish the training course with the skills to:
- Teach a Pregnancy Yoga class, A Mindful Birth Prep Class or combine all streams into one rich and complete Yoga & Mindfulness for Pregnancy & Birth course.
- You will also be able to teach Birth Preparation and Partner workshops.
- Deliver informed and inspiring classes ensuring that each participant is seen, heard and prepared fully for the highs and lows of the pregnancy, birth and new motherhood experience.
- Adapt your general yoga classes for any pregnant ladies who wish to attend and ensure they remain safe in their practice whilst in your care.
- Wisely hold the space for those with previous difficult birth experiences so that they recover their trust and personal empowerment.
- Welcome with confidence and know how to support those with injuries and/or common pregnancy ailments such as lower back pain, pelvic girdle pain, low/high blood pressure and fatigue.
- Have good theoretical and practical knowledge of the anatomy and physiology of pregnancy and birth.
- Integrate yoga props and additional equipment into your classes and one-to-one sessions with confidence.
- Set up and run your new yoga and mindfulness for pregnancy & birth business with passion and power.
“I always found Nadia’s yoga classes to be great and very informative as both a student of prenatal yoga (just enjoying the experience) and also how we can teach it to our own students. She combined these two effortlessly. “
“This is so much more than just a training for yoga teachers — so much love and time has been put into it and Nadia and the teams knowledge and passion just shone through”
“The course truly was an incredible and life-changing experience for me and I am so honoured to have been on the journey with you and such an incredible group of women. RB”
“I absolutely loved Annie, and I’m sure the rest of the women doing the course agree! She has a fun, enthusiastic and caring energy about her but also came across as very practical and authoritative. It was great to have this session and really brought the birth experience to life…I loved the incorporation of yoga postures, too! ”
“Belinda is clearly extremely passionate with so much experience and was really supportive in her approach. ”
Yoga Alliance Professionals (UK) and FEDANT Certification:
- All applicants must have basic knowledge of yoga and a minimum of 2 years’ yoga practice and 1-year of meditation or mindfulness practice.
- All students will receive a Graduation Certificate upon successful completion of the course
- This training is for 100 Hours, including private study time
This exceeds the required standards of Yoga Alliance Professionals (UK), and also the Federation of Antenatal Educators (FEDANT) – but we believe the extra time investment is necessary to offer meaningful training in Mindfulness for Pregnancy alongside Yoga.
The course is open to anyone with a keen interest in antenatal education and a passion for sharing their knowledge including yoga teachers, doulas, hypnotherapists and midwives.
Following your successful completion of this training, and if you already have a 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training certification, you will be permitted to register with Yoga Alliance (UK) as a Registered Pregnancy Yoga Teacher and Registered Yoga & Mindfulness for Pregnancy & Birth Teacher.
If you do not hold a 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training certification, you will receive certification as a Birth Professional.
You will NOT be registered or insured to teach Pregnancy Yoga classes unless you are a registered Yoga teacher.
Please note: It is essential for students to attend, complete & engage with all scheduled hours and complete the homework before certification will be issued.
About Your Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training Course Director Nadia Raafat
As a senior pregnancy yoga teacher with many years’ experience in the yoga studio, and in the birthing room as a doula, accompanying over 50 women and couples during their births, Nadia is highly qualified to share her experience and knowledge and pass this on to a new generation of teachers.
Nadia has taught continuously in this field for the last 18 years teaching Yoga, Meditation, Yin, Pregnancy and Birth Prep to thousands of women.
She is the author and producer of Yoga & Mindfulness for Pregnancy and Birth – a five-class DVD program which has sold just under 1000 copies and the author and teacher of her signature 12 week Yoga & Mindfulness for Pregnancy & Birth Course which has prepared hundreds of women for the pregnancy, birth and new motherhood journey.
More recently, she has devised a second Advanced Pregnancy Yoga Teacher CPD Course: The Maternity Chakras in partnership with the Yoga Teachers Forum.
As a teacher of teachers, she has brought Mindfulness for Pregnancy Yoga Teacher CPDS to Birthlight International, the British Wheel of Yoga, The Yoga Show and Battersea Yoga.
Over the years Nadia has trained in Yoga and Meditation with numerous organisations and teachers including Faust Dorelli and the Innergy Yoga Centre, Sivananda Vedanta Org, the British Wheel of Yoga, Satayanada Org, the London Mindfulness Centre, the London College of Clinical Hypnotherapy, the Shambala Centre, the Art of Being, and the Amarvatti Monastery.
She has been taught by many wonderful teachers and field leaders including Francoise Freedman, Sally Lomas and Ingrid Lewis of Birthlight, Judy Cameron, Kay Baxter and Tara Fraser of the BWY, Lolly Stirk of YogaBirth, Michel Odent and Lilianna Lamis, Debra Bonali-Pascaro (Orgasmic Birth), Uma Dinsmore-Tuli (Yoga Campus), Tami Kent, Jane Dancey, Swami Pragyamurti, Stephanie Larson (Dancing for Birth), Susanne Lahusen, Cyndi Lee, Spinning Babies, Biomechanics for Birth, Dr Sarah Buckley and numerous others.
Nadia has been influenced by many others on her journey as a woman, mother and teacher, a diverse range of energy healers and psychotherapists, birth activists and many wonderful midwives and doulas.
Whether you are attending In-Person or via Live-Stream the course price is the same. Here are the two price tiers we are offering.
- £949 – Full Price – Available until 1st October. (payable in full or via a 3 month payment plan)
STEP 1. Read all the FAQ below.
STEP 2. Book your space by choosing one of the payment options below (full payment or 3 instalments). This will take you to our payment provider.
STEP 3. You will receive a detailed application form once the deposit payment is processed.
- Scholarship Applications Close on 25 September. Apply in writing to Nadia@nadiaraafat.com
- Available until 1st October