This unique 12 Week Pregnancy Yoga and Mindful Birthing Course brings the key skills and teachings of Mindfulness and and Pregnancy Yoga to the unique and intense challenges of the pregnancy and childbirth experience. More than just a pregnancy yoga course, it is a physical and mental self-development journey for new mothers that includes the very best childbirth preparation programme.
- Each of the twelve 60 minute sessions will include a physical yoga practice, a meditation or mindfulness theme set within the context of pregnancy and birth.
- Course participants will receive individual feedback and support as a key aspect of this course.
- Every full course participant will receive a FREE audio file of Mindfulness meditations.
- After all the course participants have given birth, there will be one further FREE postnatal gathering to debrief the New Mother experience.
The ideal time to embark on this course is anytime from 14 weeks onwards. The earlier you start, the better, as you will have plenty of time to practice the techniques.
Lessons can also be attended on a drop-in basis as long as space is available however it is highly recommended that you attend as much of this course as is possible.
By the end of the course:
- You will have understood both intellectually and experienced what the mindful state is, how to access it and how it can transform your pregnancy, childbirth and parenting experience.
- You will have learnt and practiced meditation regularly . You will have understand that childbirth is the ultimate meditation and you will feel ready and able to align yourself fully with this experience.
- You will have learned key self-soothing skills to keep you calm and at ease throughout the labour journey.
- You will have practised many yoga postures and movements designed to facilitate deep release in the pelvic area and maintain comfort and flow during labour.
- You will have established a really strong connection to your body.
- You will have discovered the power of the birthing body and learnt how best to prepare the pelvic joints and tissue (externally and internally) for an effective labour and birth.
- You will have learned the different ways you can work with the breath through the changing phases of labour and birth
- You will have learned how to soothe yourself and your baby on the other side using breath, sound and movement.
- You will have understood the many benefits of an active labour and experienced a wide range of active birthing positions and movements.
- You will have experienced a birth dance.
- You will have understood the psychology of belief, learned to recognise and release unhelpful inherited beliefs and developed your own affirmation programme for pregnancy and birth based on the unique individual that you are.
- You will have learned and lived with the 8 Mindful attitudes.
- You will have learned how to recognise and release tension in the body and mind.
- You will have understood how to work mindfully with both Fear, as it arises and Pain.
- You will have learned how to get the best from your maternity providers before, during and after the birth of your baby.
- You will have learned how to use these techniques in the early postnatal period to facilitate a calm and happy transition into Motherhood.
- You will have shared an incredible 12 week journey with a circle of close and like-minded friends all having babies around the same time as you.
- You will have learned a great deal about yourself and will feel so much stronger and happier for it.