This unique 12 Week Pregnancy Yoga and Mindful Birthing Course brings the key skills and teachings of Mindfulness and Pregnancy Yoga to the unique and intense challenges of the pregnancy and childbirth experience. Much more than just a pregnancy yoga course, it is a physical and mental self-development journey for new mothers that includes the very best and embodied childbirth preparation program.
- Each of the twelve 90 minute sessions will include a pregnancy yoga flow practice, a meditation or mindfulness exercise, a discussion on the pregnancy expereince, and a presentation on a theme set within the context of pregnancy and birth.
- Course participants will receive individual feedback and support as a key aspect of this course.
- Every full course participant will receive a FREE audio file of Mindfulness meditations.
- In the final weeks of the course, each course participant and their chosen birth partner will receive a half-day mindful Birth Rehearsal Workshop – a chance to bring all your learning together into one extended birth rehearsal session and share your experience and practice with your birth partner so that they too are ready to love and support you on your birth journey.
- After all the course participants have given birth, there will be one further 2 hr postnatal gathering to practice a little postnatal yoga, debrief the incredible new mother experience, share stories, reconnect with all your course mates after the birth and introduce your new babies. These gatherings are always joyful and moving experiences – for everyone especially me!
The ideal time to embark on this course is anytime from 24 weeks onwards. But you are welcome to join anytime from 14 weeks. The earlier you start, the better, as you will have plenty of time to practice the techniques.
Remember you can join the course anytime in its duration and, anytime after 14 weeks, in your pregnancy however it is highly recommended that you attend as much of this course as is possible. If you have any challenges Nadia will be happy to talk through them with you. Please email Nadia@nadiaraafat.com
By the end of the course:
- You will have understood both intellectually and experienced what the mindful state is, how to access it and how it can transform your pregnancy, childbirth and parenting experience.
- You will have learned and practiced meditation regularly. You will have understand that childbirth is the ultimate meditation and you will feel ready and able to align yourself fully with this experience.
- You will have learned key self-soothing skills to keep you calm and at ease throughout the labour journey.
- You will have practiced many yoga postures and movements designed to facilitate deep release in the pelvic area and maintain comfort and flow during labour.
- You will have explored your feelings and beliefs about your body.
- You will have established a really strong connection to your body.
- You will have learned all about your birthing options and maternal rights and how to make decisions from a place of empowerment.
- You will have discovered the power of the birthing body and learned how best to prepare the pelvic joints and tissue (externally and internally) for an effective labour and birth.
- You will have learned the different ways you can work with the breath through the changing phases of labour and birth
- You will have learned how to soothe yourself and your baby on the other side using breath, sound and movement.
- You will have understood the many benefits of an active labour and experienced a wide range of active birthing positions and movements.
- You will have experienced a birth dance.
- You will have understood the psychology of belief, learned to recognise and release unhelpful inherited beliefs and developed your own affirmation program for pregnancy and birth based on the unique individual that you are.
- You will have learned and lived with the 8 Mindful attitudes.
- You will have learned how to recognise and release tension in the body and mind.
- You will have understood how to work mindfully with both Fear, as it arises and Pain.
- You will have learned how to get the best from your maternity providers before, during and after the birth of your baby.
- You will have learned how to use these techniques in the early postnatal period to facilitate a calm and happy transition into Motherhood.
- You will have shared an incredible 12 week journey with a circle of close and like-minded friends all having babies around the same time as you.
- You will have learned a great deal about yourself and will feel so much stronger and happier for it.
About Your Teacher:
Nadia has been teaching Yoga and especially Perinatal Yoga for 16 years. She has trained with Sivananda Vedanta School of Yoga, Satyananda School of Yoga, British Wheel of Yoga, Birthlight, YogaBirth, the British Wheel of Yoga (BWY), Uma Dinsmore-Tuli, Spinning Babies, Dancing for Birth, Michel Odent, and many more international teachers bedsides. She is also a practicing Birth Doula and has attended over 50 births over a period of 12 years and has supported every type of birth experience. She is the author and producer of Yoga & Mindfulness for Pregnancy and Birth – a five-class DVD program which has sold just under 1000 copies and the author and teacher of her signature 12 week Yoga & Mindfulness for Pregnancy & Birth Course .
A former journalist, Nadia also writes on Pregnancy, Birth, and Yoga for various blogs and publications including Mumfidential, My Baba and Juno Magazine.
Nadia is passionate about offering women the opportunity to use the radical physical transformation of pregnancy as a portal to an equally radical inner transformation and inner preparation for the incredible experience of childbirth and becoming a mother.
Nadia is a mother of 4.